About the Role
This creative and design orientated studio are looking to grow their Interior Design team with the appointment of a Senior and Middleweight Interior Designer.
The studio is award winning for their unique and exciting projects across the commercial, hospitality and residential sectors. They work through all aspects of the design process therefore experience from finishes to FF&E and procurement will stand you in good stead. They not only work on Interior Design projects, they span across a variety of creative sectors including branding, graphic design and website design to name a few. This means this role is an opportunity to work amongst a truly multi-disciplinary team.
Senior Interior Designer/Creative Lead
For the senior role, you will need to have an impressive portfolio of hospitality, hotels or cool residential case studies. They're looking for portfolios that really bring the "wow" factor and demonstrates your eye for unique design. The projects are based International and in the UK and a key part of this role will be simultaneously client handling multiple projects day-to-day. To accompany your management, you will need fantastic design skills and confidence to step into the role and confidently job run these projects. To match your design ability, their looking for friendly, can-do attitudes to join their collaborative team.
- Acting as the creative lead designer across the studio and overseeing projects from concept to completion.
- Leading and inspiring the rest of the team, mentoring and problem solving.
- Pitching for business, fee proposals and budget management.
- Once a project is won: setting up, planning, scheduling timings plans, overseeing the creation of Drawing Issue Lists and generally creating design project strategy.
- Over-seeing the creation of exciting concepts, developed design schemes, detailed technical design packs, specifications and tender documentation for sharing with clients & contractors (inputting your own design ideas)
- Doing hands-on concept and CAD design and hand-sketching, art directing CGIs, sourcing, procurement and putting together schemes and all other creative assets and project documentation relating to projects
- Briefing, delegating, overseeing and directing others in all of the above, including directing and editing others’ design work, sourcing and procurement activity
For this role, you will need a strong portfolio demonstrating your experience in hospitality and residential design, it's important the creativeness is matched by technical strength.
- Supporting Senior Designers on projects from concept to completion.
- Space planning and production of technical drawing packs.
- Assisting in the delivery of design concepts and creative vision.
- Producing visuals and presentations in SketchUp.
- Maintaining communication with the design team, contractors and collaborating with the FF&E team.
For the both of the roles you will need:
- Excellent Vectorworks and AutoCAD ability. For the middleweight role in particular, exceptional SketchUp skills.
- Strong understanding of the entire design process.
- Previous experience in a similar environment.
- An exciting and attention grabbing portfolio.
- Inventive, stylish sourcing and specifying of products, lighting, furniture and decorative finishes (FF&E)
- Ability to prioritise and deliver projects within agreed budgets and timescale.
- Willingness to go the extra mile where necessary.
- A really positive, entrepreneurial attitude
You will be joining a vibrant studio in NW London and will become a key member of their happy, friendly team. They offer one day of working from home should it be required, with the remaining 4 being in the office. Salary for the middleweight role will be in the region of £28,000 to £35,000 and for the senior role, in the region of £40,000 and £50,000.